With football season and beautiful autumn weather rolling in, Sharp Gourmet is excited for some hearty recipes. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the change of seasons and tailgating than our savory family chili recipe!
Be sure to send us some photos of your cutlery at work and the end result!
2.5 lbs 80%/20% Ground Beef
1 – White Onion
1 – 15oz Cans of Kidney Beans
2 – 4.5oz Cans of Green Chiles
1 – Green Bell Pepper
1 – Red Bell Pepper
5 – Garlic Cloves
1 – 28oz Crushed Tomato
1/3 Cup Ancho Chili Powder
2 TBSP Cumin
3 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Package Shredded Cheddar
1. Using our SG 8” Chef Knife, dice onion, bell peppers and garlic.
2. Season the ground beef in a bowl with salt, pepper, and a dusting of ancho chili powder.
3. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef in batches to pan and break up the large pieces as it browns. Once meat is cooked through, use a slotted spoon to transfer into slow cooker. Drain the fat from the pan before continuing to the next step.
4. Use the remaining 1 TBSP of Olive Oil and heat to medium. Sauté onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers and sauté for another 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add chili powder and cumin to the pot, while slowly combining all ingredients – sauté for 3 minutes until chili powder is fragrant. Add 14 oz of crushed tomatoes and chiles – sauté for another 3 minutes then transfer to slow cooker. Add beans to slow cooker.
6. Set slow-cooker to low for 7 hours. If you are pressed for time, the chili can be done on high for 4-5 hours, but we suggest the former. Serve in high rimmed bowl with shredded cheddar cheese.